Archive for the ‘SOVREN’ Category
Posted: September 27, 2016
The VRCBC was well represented at SOVREN’s Fall Finale at Pacific Raceways in Kent over the September 24th – 25th weekend. SOVREN (Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts) is the VRCBC’s ‘cousin’ south of the border. The close relationship between the two clubs goes back many years and members often race in each other’s events.
The Fall Finale at Pacific Raceways was SOVREN’s last road race event of the 2016 season. This year, several VRCBC racers attended.
- #37 – Shelby Clark, yellow 1969 Alfa Romeo GTV 1750
- #40 – Roger van der Marel, green 1967 Alfa Romeo GTV
- #46 – Phil Pidcock, blue 1965 Triumph Spitfire
- #59 – Karlo Flores, white 1959 Austin Healey ‘Bugeye’ Sprite
- #62 – Bob Beauchemin, 1962 ‘psychedelic’ Mini
- #63 – Tim Pickstone, green 1963 Porsche 356C
- #71 – Ken Butler, red 1964 Lotus Elan
- #85 – Larry Sandham, green 1985 Mini Vauxhall
- #260 – Steve Clark, yellow 1959 Elva Courier
Our tireless travelling correspondent, Brent Martin captured them in all their ‘glory’! Check out his photos below.
Posted: July 5, 2016
SOVREN, our good friends south of the border, held their annual Pacific Northwest Historics races at Pacific Raceway over the July 1-3 weekend. Several VRCBC racers and friends made the trip, and Brent Martin was there to capture them ‘on film’ (see below). Brent will have many more of his photos on his web site (here) soon.